What would happen if you were forced to take time off work due to an injury or illness? Would you be able to manage your expenses? You would likely suffer from a loss of income.
We are able to offer a wide selection of disability insurance plans to protect you from financial worries if you are unable to work.
Who decides if you are entitled to insurance money?
Contrary to what you may think, your doctor does not decide whether your disability is covered or not, it is your insurance company that makes this decision based on your condition and your contract.
My group insurance covers me for long term insurance only. Can I get short term disability insurance?
- Of course, short-term disability insurance is available to you:
- Goes into effect before long-term disability insurance
- Pays a percentage of your regular income
- Is valid for a specific period that is calculated in number of weeks
- If you do not have short-term disability insurance, you could be entitled to public coverage, such as employment insurance disability benefits
We are able to help you determine your disability insurance needs and the different options available to you.